From No Starch Press:
Like a lot of people, Miu has had trouble learning regression analysis. Or even staying awake in class. But with new motivation, in the form of a handsome but shy customer, and the help of her brilliant café co-worker Risa, she’s determined to get it down.
Follow along with Miu and Risa as they calculate the effect of temperature on iced tea orders, predict bakery revenues, and work out probabilities of cake sales with simple, multiple, and binomial logistic regression analysis. You’ll get a refresher in basic concepts such as matrix equations, inverse functions, logarithms, and differentiation, before diving into the hard stuff:
- Calculating the regression equation with sums of squares and regression coefficients
- Working out the correlation coefficient to check the accuracy of your equation
- Assessing the analysis with hypothesis tests, analysis of variance, and confidence intervals
- Using probability density functions and odds ratios to calculate probabilities of future events
- Performing diagnostics checks to verify the validity of your analysis
- Checking the goodness of fit with Chi-square and F tests
Whether you’re learning regression analysis for the first time, or like Miu you’ve just never managed to get your head around it, The Manga Guide to Regression Analysis makes mastering this tricky technique simple, straight forward, and fun.